Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Take a culinary trip with a European twist on summer classics, where incorporating European food doesn’t just add flavour, it’s tells a story.
Chef Jonathan Garnier created a summer dish to show off your grilling skills by serving up a chicken burger with unique toppings like olive mayo and Queijo de Sao Jorge (PDO) from Portugal for a salty taste and intense aroma. Both Queijo de Sao Jorge cheese from Portugal and Oliva di Gaeta from Italy have a Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), the European recognition for an agricultural product or food whose entire production cycle, from raw material to finished product, is carried in a given territory. The production rules are strict to ensure the utmost quality. For instance, Queijo de Sao Jorge originates from an island of Sao Jorge in the archipelago of the Azores.
For more information about
- Sao Jorge cheese, click here
- For Sweet potato fries recipe
- For Grilled vegetables (on the barbecue) recipe
- Preheat the grill (BBQ) to high.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, herbes de Provence, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chicken.
- On the hot grill, sear red onion rings 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine mayonnaise and olives. Check seasoning.
- On the grill, sear chicken 2 minutes on each side then continue cooking 8 minutes over indirect heat with the lid closed.
- Place Queijo de Sao Jorge slices on chicken and let melt for 1 minute.
- On each brioche bun, divide olive mayo, lettuce, grilled red onion, and chicken.
- Serve with sweet potato fries and grilled vegetables.
Visit www.MorethanFood.ca for more information about european food.
Hints & Tips