Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Préparation : 10 minutes
Cuisson : 20 minutes
If you don't have clarified butter, substitute equal parts oil and butter.
For 4 servings
- 4 thick chicken breasts or escalopes
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 slices of Gruyere or Emmenthal cheese
- 250 ml (1 cup) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) flour
- 250 g (8 oz.) butter
- Prepare the clarified butter.
- Butterfly each chicken breasts, i.e., slice it horizontally almost all the way through so that you can open it up like a book.
- Place the opened breasts between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten them slightly.
- On each escalope, place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese; roll up into a sausage shape.
- Bread each breast by dipping first in flour, then in beaten egg, then bread crumbs.
- Cook in a skillet in clarified butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips