Prep. time: 10 minutes
Marinade: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Chicken is a complete source of protein and a good source of all the amino acids needed in a healthy diet. Did you know that a boneless chicken breast contains only 2.1 g fat, 75% of which is unsaturated?
When it comes to oil, some vegetable oils and animal fats are high in polyunsaturated fats and raise cholesterol levels. Olive oil, on the other hand, is rich in unsaturated fats and lowers cholesterol.
Worried about fat and your cholesterol level? Squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon into your marinade.
- In a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Put the chicken onto the skewers, letting the excess marinade drip off if necessary.
- Place the skewers on the grill or in the oven at maximum setting.
- Barbecue the breasts for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness, turning skewers every 3-4 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix together all ingredients except shallots.
- Bring to a boil. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Add shallots. Let cool.
- Pour the sauce into small individual cups.
Hints & Tips