Prep. time: A few minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 2 to 4 hours
(*) If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a food processor bowl and place in the freezer. After 30 minutes, blend for a few minutes. Repeat 3 times or until the ice cream is set and smooth.
(**) To chill the ice cream faster, place the mixture into a stainless steel bowl and place it in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes.
(***) For best results, use whole milk.
- Heat the milk and cream just to the boiling point. Add chicory and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until light and pale.
- Pour the hot mixture (1) over the egg yolks (2), whisking constantly, then return to the saucepan.
- Place over low heat to thicken, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Do not let the mixture boil.
- When the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon, remove from the heat and strain immediately.
- Leave to cool (**). Freeze the custard in your ice cream maker (*) according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
ID 39650460 / Katerina Kovaleva / MSCOMM
Hints & Tips