Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
An irresistible afternoon-pick-me-up for peanut butter lovers. Chocolate-covered peanuts add a decadent new twist to this traditional favorite cookie.
Ingredients for 40 cookies
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) peanut butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chocolate-coated Peanuts
- In a small bowl, stir flour with baking soda and salt until well blended. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter with butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in brown and granulated sugar until light. Then beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate covered peanuts.
- Roll dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Dip a glass in granulated sugar and flatten balls slightly. Garnish with peanut halves if desired, pressing gently into cookie.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until cookies are a light golden colour and tops are firm to the touch, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
With the collaboration of The Peanut Bureau of Canada and The USA National Peanut Board
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips