Clarified Butter: Basic Technique and Recipe Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: A few minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
In cooking, butter can burn easily. Clarified butter can be cooked to higher temperatures without fear of burning.
- Cut the butter into small pieces;
- place the butter in the top of a double boiler and let it melt over low heat without stirring: the whey will separate and sink to the bottom while the impurities will float to the surface.
- Remove the pan containing the butter from the double boiler while the butter is liquid.
- Carefully skim the whitish scum from the surface.
- Pour off the clarified butter and discard the milky liquid remaining in the bottom of the pan.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips