Cod with Tomatoes and Bayonne Ham Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Delicious with wild rice with caramelized onions.
For 4 servings
- 4 pieces of cod, 150 g/5 oz. each
- 4 thin slices of jambon de Bayonne
- 4 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 300 g tomato coulis
- 50 ml water
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 orange
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Sauté the chopped shallots and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Pour the tomato soulis, water and white wine into a saucepan; add a pinch of saffron and the orange zest; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Wrap each piece of cod in ham and secure with butcher's twine.
- Poach the cod for 8 minutes in the very hot sauce.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips