Pan-seared beef tenderloin with pear and honey couscous Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 700 g (1 lb. 12 oz.) beef tenderloin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 3 pears
- juice of 1 lemon
- 10 g (2 tsp.) butter
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) cider
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) water
- 1 package (250 g) spiced or traditional couscous
- salt and pepper
- Slice the beef tenderloin; coat with oil, pepper and thyme.
- Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Peel the pears and cut them into wedges; core them and toss with lemon juice.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and sear the beef slices on both sides.
- Add the pears and brown lightly. Pour the honey over the meat and pears and caramelize.
- Add the cider and reduce by half.
- Blend in the mustard.
- Off the heat, add the water and couscous. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Correct the seasoning and reheat for a few moments as needed.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips