Pan-seared prawns with apricots and spiced couscous Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For 4 servings
- 16 frozen raw prawns
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 green onions
- 1 long green chili
- olive oil
- 3 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 package (260 g) spiced or traditional couscous
- 8 fresh apricots
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Thaw and peel the prawns.
- Peel and chop the garlic and thinly slice the onions.
- Seed and finely chop the chili.
- Wash and coarsely chop the spinach.
- Sauté the onion and chili in olive oil.
- Add the spinach and let wilt for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, let the couscous swell in 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) water for 5 minutes.
- In another skillet, melt the butter; once it foams, add the prawns, garlic and white wine. Remove the prawns once they change color.
- In the same skillet, lightly brown the halved apricots for a few moments.
- Add the couscous and the spinach seasoned with onion and chili; garnish with the prawns and the apricot halves.
- Season with salt and pepper and end with a drizzle of lime juice to taste.
More recipe ideas
***** CODE PUB = PUB_G *****
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips