Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10+10 minutes
Health authorities say that carbohydrates should make up 50% of our daily diet. Eating a variety of grains, a source of carbohydrates, contributes to balanced meals.
(1) If you use traditional couscous, you can spice it to taste:
- sweet paprika
- ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210° C (425° F).
- Wash, peel and julienne the vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Sauté the vegetables and garlic for 10 minutes.
- Add the couscous and 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) hot water. Remove from the heat and let swell for a few minutes.
- Butter a 10 cm (4") round mold. Place a sheet of brick pastry in the mold and brush with butter.
- Add another layer of brick pastry.
- Place 3 Tbsp. of the filling in the pastry then fold the edges of the pastry over to cover.
- Turn the pastilla over and place it, folded side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used up.
- Brush the pastillas with melted butter and place in the oven until golden (about 10 minutes).
Hints & Tips