Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes - the peppers can be cooked in advance.
You can make the crab salad a few hours before serving.
This is a very quick and delicious first course.
If you use thawed block crabmeat or canned crab, drain the crabmeat in cheesecloth or a kitchen towel and squeeze well to remove as much liquid as possible.
Use yellow or orange peppers, which are much sweeter and milder than red or green (which aren't really suitable for this recipe). Otherwise, enliven your mayonnaise with a little curry or saffron.
Sweet pepper mayonnaise
- Roast the peppers in a hot oven (215° C/425° F) for about 30 minutes. They should be well cooked so that they can be puréed; liquefy them in a blender.
- Add the homemade mayonnaise and the spices and blend again. Taste and correct the seasoning as necessary.
- In a bowl, combine the crabmeat, finely chopped green onion and finely diced yellow pepper.
- Add a little of the sweet pepper mayonnaise. Serve in a glass dish.
- Draw a line of sweet pepper mayonnaise along the length of a rectangular plate.
- Place the glass dish with the crab salad on one side, the split Parmesan loaf on the other.
- Garnish with nasturtium leaves or other light decoration.
Hints & Tips