Crème Brûlée with Citrus Zest Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For 6 servings
- 1 liter (4 cups) milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 150 g (3/4 cup) fine sugar
- 6-8 tsp. brown sugar
- 25 g (2 1/2 Tbsp.) flour
- 25 g (2 1/2 Tbsp.) cornstarch
- zest of 1 unsprayed orange
- zest of 1 unsprayed lemon
- Heat the milk in a saucepan.
- Finely grate the orange and lemon zest.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add the flour and cornstarch. Mix well, then add the citrus zests.
- Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and whisk well over low heat for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Pour into 6-8 small terra cotta dishes.
- Let cool, then refrigerate for 2 hours if not serving right away.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and caramelize under the broiler.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Michel Bury/CEDUS
Hints & Tips