Souffléed Crêpes "Baumanière" Recipe
Flavors of Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
For 4 servings
- 200 g (7 oz., about 2 cups) flour
- 1 liter (4 cups) milk
- 4 whole eggs + 2 yolks
- 3 g (1/2 tsp.) salt
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) browned butter
- 1 liter (4 cups) pastry cream
- 2 candied oranges
- 100 ml (3 1/2 oz.) Grand Marnier
- 6 egg whites
- 500 ml (2 cups) crème anglaise
- 250 ml (1 cup) orange extract
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar syrup at 30°
Make the crêpe batter
- Combine the ingredients with the cold milk to make a smooth fluid batter.
- Add the 100 g of browned butter, which will make it unnecessary to butter the pan.
- Make 8 crêpes.
Prepare the orange soufflé mixture
- In a bowl, combine the pastry cream, Grand Marnier and coarsely chopped peel of the candied oranges.
- Beat the whites to stiff peaks and gently fold them into the pastry cream mixture.
- Butter a dish. Place a crêpe on it and a little of the soufflé mixture on one side.
- Fold the other half of the crêpe over top to form a filled half-circle, and continue with the remaining crêpes.
- Prepare the crème anglaise and the sugar syrup, adding the orange extract.
- Place the crêpes into a preheated 200° C (400° F) oven for about 5 minutes until they puff up.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with the 2 sauces as desired.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips