Prep. time: Around 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Invite the flavors of our region into your home for Easter!. Ungava Spirits offers this delicious recipe for Cabot Trail Maple & Blueberry Cream donuts to impress your guests - plus, they're baked, so you avoid the frying smell!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, vanilla, eggs, maple syrup, maple sugar and Coureur des Bois maple cream until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the first mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Using a piping bag, fill the prepared donut pan, filling each mold one two-thirds full.
- Bake the donuts for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the icing(s) of your choice by whisking together the Coureur des Bois maple cream and the icing sugar.
- Whisk together the Coureur des Bois blueberry and maple cream and icing sugar; incorporate the crushed blueberries.
- Pour the icing over the completely cooled donuts.
Hints & Tips