Dough for pâté en croûte Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
- 800 g (1 lb. 12 oz.) butter
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) flour
- 110 g (4 oz.) egg whites
- 250 g (1 cup) water
- 20 g (4 tsp.) salt
For the turns
- 550 g (1 lb. 4 oz.) butter
- Mix together by hand the flour and softened butter (about 5 minutes).
- Add the salt, egg whites and water and mix again until the dough is elastic. Let rest 1 hour.
- For the "turns": roll out the dough, cover with half the butter, fold up like a letter and roll out again. Repeat with the remaining butter.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 4 mm. Line a pâté mold and continue according to the recipe.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips