Eggs Mimosa (Stuffed Eggs) Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For 6 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 bunch chives or parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) sunflower or other vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Quickly whisk the mustard with the egg yolk.
- While whisking constantly, gradually drizzle in the oil to make the mayonnaise. Whisk in the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
Eggs and finishing
- Hard boil the eggs by cooking in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and let cool to lukewarm.
- Peel and halve the eggs; gently remove the yolks and reserve the hollowed out whites.
- Press the yolks through a sieve or cheese grater.
- Combine 2/3 of the sieved yolk with the mayonnaise; incorporate half the finely chopped chives or parsley.
- Fill the egg whites with the mixture. Preferably use a piping tip for a more professional appearance.
- Sprinkle the remaining sieved egg and chives or parsley over the stuffed eggs.
- Refrigerate in a covered container or under plastic wrap until serving.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips