Fatma Fingers (stuffed brick pastry) Recipe
Flavors of Tunisia
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
If you want to avoid deep frying, you can cook the rolls in a hot oven (200-250° C / 400-475° F), being sure to turn them so they brown well on all sides.
For 6 servings
- 1 package of 12 brick sheets
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 1 small can of tuna in oil
- 1 small onion
- a few sprigs of parsley
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 3-4 eggs
- 50 g (2 oz.) Parmesan
- 50 g (2 oz.) Gruyere
- 1 small preserved lemon
- lemon wedges
- vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water and mash them with a fork.
- Finely chop the onion and parsley.
- Cook the onions slightly in 1 or 2 tbsp. water. Add the parsley just before turning off the heat.
- Hard boil 2 eggs and chop them finely.
- Grate the Parmesan and Gruyere; finely dice half the preserved lemon.
- Combine all the ingredients and add 1 or 2 raw eggs. Season with salt and pepper. The mixture should not be liquid.
- Cut the brick sheets in half and place 1 teaspoonful of filling on each one; roll up to form a finger. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to form 24 fingers.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a deep skillet and fry the rolls. Remove them when nicely browned and drain well in a strainer lined with paper towels before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with lemon wedges.
More recipe ideas
A recipe in special collaboration with Neyla Chehimi
Hints & Tips