Foie Gras Burger Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Make the recipe with raw foie gras for an even more melt-in-your-mouth burger.
For 4 servings
- 1 homemade or store-bought pound cake
- 2 large red onions
- 1 bottle of dry cider
- 4 thin slices of half-cooked foie gras
- 16 basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- cinnamon, fleur de sel, pepper
- brown sesame seeds
- olive oil
- 1 round 6 cm cutter
- Thinly slice the red onions and sauté in a little olive oil until translucent. Season with salt and pepper and add the honey, cinnamon and cider.
- Cook slowly over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the pound cake in half horizontally.
- Using the cutter, cut out four rounds from the upper part (including the crust) and four other rounds from the lower part of the pound cake.
- Onto the lower circles, alternate onion confit, two basil leaves, the slice of foie gras, salt and pepper, two more basil leaves and onion confit.
- Cover with the top round of pound cake and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips