Cooking time: 8 minutes
The Food Guide encourages us to eat more fruits and vegetables and to consume less fat. Here's a recipe for a delicious and healthy dip to enjoy as an afternoon snack or to serve with drinks.
This new whipped cottage cheese from Natrel has all the nutritional value of cottage cheese, without the lumpy texture that some consumers dislike. Available from coast to coast in three delicious flavours – Chive & Garlic, Roasted Red Peppers and Plain – this new innovation from Natrel is a healthy choice. Low in fat (2%), source of protein (3 g) and at only 25 calories per 30 g serving, it is a lighter, nutritious alternative to dips and spreads.
(1) If you live outside Canada, you can replace this ingredient with a low-fat cottage cheese or white cheese, puréed in the blender with a roasted pepper. Not quite as good, but delicious all the same.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and egg.
- Spread the Natrel Plain Whipped Dip and Spread on the 4 slices of bread.
- Place a layer of berries on 2 of the slices and close like a sandwich with the remaining slices.
- Soak the sandwiches in the egg mixture on each side.
- Fry for 3 or 4 minutes on each side in a non-stick pan, until golden brown.
Serve immediately with maple syrup and berries.
Hints & Tips