Frosted Pearl Frozen Delight Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
To save time and simplify the recipe, use canned apricots for the jam.
For 6 servings
- 500 ml (2 cups) peach or apricot ice cream
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) large pearl quick tapioca
- a few drops of green food coloring
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) toasted sesame seeds
- liquid honey
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 piece of puff pastry or pie pastry
- 300 g (10 oz.) fresh apricots, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- a sprig of fresh mint
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) water
- Boil the apricots in a small saucepan with the sugar, mint leaves and 100 ml water. Reduce for 40 minutes over medium heat, stirring regularly. Strain the juice and cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the tapioca in boiling water with a few drops of food coloring for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the pastry as thinly as possible with a rolling pin and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then cut the pastry into strips.
- Place the strips on the baking sheet, drizzle with honey and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and cut into 6 portions.
- Roll each portion in tapioca and some sesame seeds and return to the freezer.
- Serve the ice cream in glass dishes and top with the apricot jam and the sesame crisps.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips