Preparation time: 20 minutes
Soaking time: 2 hours (for wild clams)
Cooking time: Under 30 minutes (except for the confit tomatoes: 3 hours)
Modified original recipe for a healthy gourmet publishing.
Calories per serving: 452.3 / 375.2 without the confit tomatoes
- Scale, gut and wash the fish.
- To fillet it, open the fish up in two; cut off the tail and head. Slide a knife blade underneath the bones to detach them from one side, then the other; remove the backbone.
- Flatten the fillets in the thickest part; season with salt and pepper.
- Place a langoustine on each fillet along with a teaspoon of shellfish butter. Roll up each fillet.
- Wash the lettuce; blanch the leaves in boiling water for a few seconds; refresh them immediately in a bowl of ice water. Dry on paper towel.
- Spread a few leaves out on a work surface; place a hake roll on top and wrap it up carefully: the fish must be completely protected. Repeat the process with the remaining rolls.
- Wrap each package in plastic wrap, enclosing it tightly to give it a nice shape. Cook the rolls quickly in a steamer.
- Place the clams in salted water for at least 2 hours to rid them of any sand they contain.
- In a saucepan, cook 1 clove of garlic in a small spoonful of oil until lightly colored so that it releases all its flavor; remove it. Add the clams, pour in a little water and leave over the heat just long enough for the clams to open up. Remove from the heat immediately.
- Wash the tomatoes; blanch them for a few seconds in salted water; peel, seed and dice.
- Chop the second clove of garlic, parsley and basil; sauté them in a little oil in a saucepan. Add the cooking liquid from the clams and reduce.
- Add the chopped chili and diced tomatoes. Correct the seasoning. Boil briefly. Immerse the clams in this liquid for a few seconds just to reheat them. Remove from the heat.
- Wash and halve the tomatoes. Place them on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the fresh herbs and minced garlic; drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook slowly in a preheated 80° C (175° F) oven for about 3 hours.
- Pour the clam broth into 4 wide-rimmed ovenproof bowls; place a hake roll, cut into large slices, into each plate; reheat in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the confit tomatoes, a few nice clams in their shells and the remaining shelled clams. Finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Hints & Tips