Hawaiian style turkey slider Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cooking method: barbecue
For 6 sliders
- 6 whole grain slider rolls
- Butter (optional)
- 625 g / 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh green chile pepper
- Salt to taste
- Hawaiian Glaze (see recipe below)
- 375 ml / 1-1/2 cups Baby Spinach
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup pineapple, diced
- 60 ml / 1/3 cup avocado, diced
- 1/2-cup fresh Tropical Gold Pineapple diced,
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil,
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger,
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce,
- 1 teaspoon honey,
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Stir together fresh pineapple and avocado, set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together turkey, cilantro, curry, cumin and green chillies. Divide turkey into 6 burgers. Make a well in the centre of each burger and fill with 1 tablespoon fresh pineapple-avocado mixture. Close the turkey around the filling and arrange on a baking pan. Reserve remaining pineapple-avocado mixture.
- Spoon Hawaiian glaze on top of the burgers.
- Broil for 10 minutes, flip burgers over; spread on remaining glaze and cook 10 more minutes
- Divide spinach leaves equally among the slider buns.
- Place burgers on top and serve with reserved pineapple-avocado mixture.
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
More recipe ideas
Photo and collaboration : Dole the well knowned brand for Tropical Gold Pineapple and Spinach.
Hints & Tips