Honey Morning Muffins with Honey Orange Butter Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreheat the oven to 190° C (375° F)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients for 12 muffins
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) 100% bran cereal
- 315 ml (1 1/4 cup) whole milk or buttermilk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) clover Honey
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp. grated orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) dried cranberries (Cranberry)
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) flour
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pecans (optional)
Honey orange butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) softened Butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 190° C (375° F) and line 12 muffin tins with paper wrappers.
- Stir the cereal and buttermilk together in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes to soften cereal.
- Add honey, oil, orange peel and eggs to bowl. Stir until combined, then add cranberries.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl and add to cereal, mixing just until combined. Stir in pecans, if desired, and spoon into prepared muffin tins. Muffin tins will be very full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with Honey Orange Butter.
Making Honey Orange Butter
Stir together 125 ml (1/2 cup) softened butter, 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey and 1 tbsp. grated orange peel.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips