Preparation time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Cut the onion into wedges by cutting through the center so that the pieces stay intact.
If turmeric stains your work surface, carefully remove it with a little bleach.
- Cut the lamb into 16 cubes.
- Combine the yogurt with the turmeric, coriander, lemon juice and zest, oil and garlic.
- Mix in the meat, cover and let marinate in a cool place for at least 30 minutes to allow the meat to absorb the flavors.
- Prepare 4 kebabs by alternating pieces of meat and other ingredients onto skewers, beginning and ending with a piece of lamb.
- Cook the kebabs on a preheated grill for 15-20 minutes, turnning frequently, until nicely browned and medium-rare. Brush the kebabs with the remaining marinade as they cook.
- Serve with lemon wedges and rice.
Hints & Tips