Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes + 1 hour for the roasted garlic, which can be done in advance
- Preheat the oven to 190° C /375° F. Take a whole head of garlic and slice off the top to remove about 6 mm (1/4") from each clove.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil if you like. Wrap in aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour until the garlic is cooked. Squeeze the roasted garlic to remove the cloves from the skin.
- In a food processor or with an immersion blender, combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise, harissa, sesame oil, garlic and red pepper until smooth.
- Correct the seasoning. Blend well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the keftas.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and, using your hands, form each portion into a sausage shape around a skewer.
- Preheat the barbecue or a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the keftas for 7-8 minutes on each side.
Serve with the roasted red pepper aioli.
There's nothing more aromatic than kefta kebabs with roasted red pepper aioli - except maybe Fronsac Chartier Bordeaux Rouge! This wine's aromas inspired the recipe, because the combination of the roasted red pepper and harissa share the same aromatic profile. More generous and full-bodied than its predecessors, this Bordeaux remains elegant, perfumed and slender with a long, somewhat mineral finish. A recipe developed by François Chartier, creator of harmonies.
Hints & Tips