Crispy Fresh Cheese and Leek Gratin Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes
Substitute grated Gruyere for the diced butter.
For 4 servings
- 7 leeks, white part only
- 300 g (10 oz.) fromage frais (fresh white cheese)
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 30 g (2 Tbsp.) finely diced butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) coarse homemade bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Thinly slice the leek whites and sauté them in olive oil in a skillet for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, fresh cheese, salt and pepper. Beat for 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the chives and parsley and mix gently.
- Place the leeks into a gratin dish and cover with the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and dot with the diced butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
More recipe ideas
***** CODE PUB = PUB_G *****
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips