Leek Tart Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Oven temperature: 220° C (450° F)
The Rians society in the French region of Berry asked the Jacques Coeur Hotel School in Bourges to develop some recipes using fresh white cheese (faisselle). This is one example.
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Leeks
- 400 g (14 oz.) white cheese (faisselle)
- 300 g (10 oz.) pie pastry (pâte brisée)
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Clean and thinly slice the leeks; cook, covered, for a few minutes. Season well; cool and set aside.
- Place the white cheese (faisselle) in a bowl; whisk in the eggs thoroughly, one at a time; season with salt and pepper; add a few gratings of nutmeg.
- Roll out the pastry and line a pie plate.
- Cover with the leeks and pour the filling over top.
- Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips