Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Recipe by François Martel, Managing Chef of the Académie Culinaire du Québec. Adaptation MSCOMM
Why olive oil on pasta?
Let cool the pasta on a tray; sprinkle lightly with olive oil. Cold pasta will retain a firm texture without sticking together.
Do you know combawa or kaffir lime?
Found in Asian markets, the combawa is a variety of lemon that adds fresh flavours of citronella and lime.
Buy environmentally responsible
Gaspé Peninsula lobster, the product of an environmentally responsible fishery, is a spring delight. Meet your fisherman. Tips for cooking the perfect lobster.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, strain and let cool on a tray with a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, finely mince celery, fennel, peppermint and green onion. Put in a salad bowl.
- Seed and julienne the apple.
- Remove the zest of 1 combawa or lime.
- Add apple (2) and zests (3) to the salad bowl (1).
- Pour orange juice into mixture and stir.
- Transfer pasta in another bowl. Mix pasta with yogurt and season with pepper.
- Combine preparation 2 with pasta..
- Set salad on serving plates, garnish with lobster meat and a few pieces of orange supreme. Season with fleur de sel upon serving.
Photo : Catelli - It all started in 1867 when an immigrant from Vedano, Italy — Carlo Onorato Catelli — established Canada’s first pasta plant in Old Montréal. Since then, the small operation has grown to include a full range of CATELLI pasta shapes and varieties
Hints & Tips