Baptiste Peupion, chef exécutif du Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth à Montréal
Cooking time: 8 minutes
This recipe was created for a media event promoting Gaspé lobster. Click here to learn Baptiste's hints & tips.
(1) Sea parsley
A close relative of flat leaf parsley, this plant adds a peppery zing and notes of celery to any dish. As a coastal plant, growing amidst sand, salt and composted seaweed, sea parsley carries hints of the ocean in its unique flavor.
To make sea parsley oil, simply combine sea parsley (or substitute flat leaf parsley or celery leaves) with neutral olive oil in a blender.
- Shell the lobster.
- Tear or cut up the salad greens into pieces.
- Cook the fiddleheads for 8 minutes in salted water; drain and cool.
- In a bowl, combine the greens, fiddleheads, parsley, green onion and vinaigrette.
- Combine the mustard, cider vinegar, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Gradually whisk in the sea parsley oil to emulsify.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the salad among individual salad bowls.
- Garnish with salmon roe and croutons.
Hints & Tips