Cooking time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season with salt.
- Sauté garlic with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add milk and bring to a simmer.
- Combine cornstarch with water in a small mixing bowl; stir until a smooth paste forms to make slurry.
- Add slurry to the simmering milk; cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Dice provolone, fontina and asiago cheeses; add to the sauce; stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in half the recommended cooking time than package directions. Drain pasta and toss it in a large mixing bowl with cheese sauce and parsley.
- Place pasta with sauce in a greased 33 x 23 cm / 13"x9" casserole dish and top with Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Do you suffer from gluten allergy?
Smile again. If you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivities you can now enjoy a good pasta dish. Thanks to Barilla who has introduced a line of gluten-free pasta that allows the whole family to enjoy their favourite meals together. Made with a proprietary blend of white and yellow corn and rice in a dedicated gluten-free facility, the new line offers the same great taste as the traditional cuts.
Hints & Tips