Prep. time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: At least 2 hours
The dill brings a note of freshness to the fruit. For my coulis, I use "Golden" pineapple - it may cost a bit more, but it is ripened on the plant, and is naturally sweet and flavorful.
Making the mandarin ice cream
- Whip the cream;
- separate the mandarins into segments; remove the pulp from each membrane;
- fold the mandarin pulp and the beaten egg yolk into the cream until the mixture is white; flavour with a few drops of mandarin liqueur; freeze.
Making the fruit salpicon and presentation
- Cut the pineapple and mandarins into pieces; halve the strawberries;
- blend a large piece of pineapple in the food processor to make a coulis;
- unmold the ice cream in the centre of a plate; pour a stream of coulis around it;
- arrange the fruits and dill in a ring on top of the coulis;
- garnish with a butter tuile and a dill "flower" that has been moistened and dipped in superfine sugar (optional).
Hints & Tips