Preparation time: 20 minutes + freezing time
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Mango is a fruit extraordinarily rich in carotene, an antioxidant that plays a central role in fighting aging, heart disease and cancer. It also contains vitamin C, iron, niacin and folates.
Making the sorbet
- Place all the ingredients for the sorbet into an ice cream machine and freeze.
Making the jelly
- Crush the lemongrass and cut into pieces.
- Boil the apple juice with the lemongrass pieces and sugar.
- Mix in the gelatin, soaked in cold water. Remove the lemongrass and refrigerate the mixture.
- Cut a sheet of brick pastry into 8 pieces; dip in melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a 190° C (375° F) oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel 2 large mangos; using a melon baller, cut out small balls; set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place the mango balls on 4 plates and top with the lemongrass jelly.
- In the center place a scoop of sorbet and garnish with two pieces of sesame brick.
Hints & Tips