Maple jelly Recipe
Flavors of Quebec
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
This jelly is very easy to make and delicious with terrines and hard cheeses like cheddar.
It will keep for 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Tip: If you have a silicone mini ice cube mold, you can make nice little individual portions. However, it's important to cover the mold, either by placing it in an airtight container or covering it with plastic wrap, to prevent the jelly from drying out and losing its flavor.
For 430 ml jelly
- 180 ml maple syrup
- 250 ml / 1 cup water
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin (7 g) / approximately 2 Tsp.
- In a bowl, combine the gelatin with 60 ml cold water. Allow to bloom for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the rest of the water and the maple syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Pour the boiling liquid over the gelatin and whisk well until completely dissolved.
- Divide into small jars and cool. Store in the refrigerator.
More recipe ideas
Photo from the La Vieille Cabane maple farm at St. Isidore de Clifton, Quebec, where you can buy maple jelly online.
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips