Preparation time: 15 minutes
Preheat oven at 150°C. (300°F)
Cooking time: Under 3 hours
Lobster oil can be stored refrigerated for 2 weeks and can be used in dressings, mayonnaise and as a garnishing oil.
It goes perfectly with Kennebunkport Lobster on Mango Salsa
- Crush up the shells to approximately 1 inch pieces.
- Dry the crushed shells in a 150°C. (300°F) oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the dried shells in a pot add the coral and cover with the oil.
- Gently heat the oil to 75-90°C. (150-180°F) and keep at this temperature for 2-3 hours for the oil to infuse.
- Strain the oil and squeeze the oil out of the shells.
Hints & Tips