Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
There are aromas that you remember for life that are comforting: the scent of grilled vegetables takes me back to my childhood. I see my grandmother in her apron, preparing the dishes of the country: Tunisia, where I was born.
Mechouia is a summer salad made with tomatoes and peppers. It's eaten cold and and can be kept in the fridge for several days with a layer of olive oil on the top.
It goes very well with tuna, olives, hard-boiled egg or a brick pastry filled with egg.
“Saha benti” !
- Grill all the vegetables and the garlic cloves on your oven rack for approximately 30 minutes. Halfway through, turn them on all sides. The skin of the vegetables should be blackened and the vegetables tender.
- Once cooked, peel them carefully. To remove the skins easily, place them in a closed plastic bag for 15 minutes.
- Chop everything with two crisscrossed knifes - but don't use a blender!
- Place the mixture in a bowl and season with olive oil, ground coriander, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, dress the salad with lemon juice.
A special collaboration with Sophie Gozlan, a Tunisian living in Paris who is rediscovering her grandmother's classic dishes.
Hints & Tips