Warm Camembert with Wild Mushroom Fricassee Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 225 g / One 8-ounce wheel of ripe Camembert in its wooden box, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 340 g / 3/4 pound wild mushrooms, trimmed, caps thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large sage leaves, minced
- Sourdough or French bread toasts
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 350 °F. Spread the walnut pieces on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 7 minutes, until lightly browned. Lower the oven temperature to 150 °C / 300 °F.
- Remove the Camembert from the box and unwrap it. Put the cheese back in the bottom half of the box and set it on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the walnut oil. Sauté the mushrooms with the minced shallot. Stir in the parsley and sage; season with salt and pepper.
- Invert the Camembert onto a platter. Stir the walnuts into the mushrooms and spoon over the cheese. Serve with the toasts.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips