Mongolian Beef Recipe
Flavors of China
Total time: less than 15 minutes
(1) Or other vegetable oil
(2) Or regular soy sauce
For 4 servings
- 340 g / 12 oz. Sliced Beef Tenderloin
- 1 tbsp. Soy Bean Oil (1)
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic
- 2 fl oz. GLUTEN FREE soy sauce (2)
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Rice Wine
- 60 g / 2 oz. Green Onion Sticks- 7 to 8 cm / 3" long green only!
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the beef and cook for 30-60 seconds or until cooked.
- -Beef should be lightly browned around the edges and gray throughout the rest of the surface.
- Add your garlic and toss.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Cook and reduce the sauce around the beef until all sauce has caramelized onto the beef.
- -The sauté pan should be "dry" (no flowing sauce) before proceeding onto the next step.
- Add the green onion sticks and toss to incorporate into the beef.
- A few tosses are all that are needed; do not wilt the green onion sticks!
- Finish with sesame oil.
- Place on a plate and enjoy!
More recipe ideas
Photo and collaboration : P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Hints & Tips