Pea, Chevre and Lemon Muffins Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for 4 muffins
- 100 g (1 cup) flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300 g (10 oz.) cooked green peas
- 3 cabécous or 210 g (7 oz.) goat cheese (chèvre)
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F).
- Prepare the batter: in a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Gently blend in the flour mixture, the peas, lemon juice and zest.
- Coarsely break up the goat cheese and add it last to the batter.
- Oil 4 ramekins; fill them 2/3 full with the batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Unmold the muffins.
- Wrap each muffin in parchment paper while still warm so that it doesn't dry out. Tie with kitchen string.
More recipe ideas
Idea from Picard: You can find peas and goat cheese in the frozen foods aisle.
Hints & Tips