Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
The skin of new Ile-de-Ré potatoes is so thin and delicate that there's no point peeling them! The flesh is fine and soft, but stands up to cooking, while its sweet-savory flavor is unmatched.
Choose medium-sized oval potatoes for this recipe - in other words, shaped like an egg so that you can place it in an egg cup.
- Wash the potatoes under running water; steam them for a few minutes or cook them in boiling water. Drain.
- Cut off the top of each potato, as you would a soft-boiled egg.
- Hollow out each potato and crack an egg inside.
- Put the potato in the oven for a few minutes.
- Prepare some buttered toast fingers; serve everything hot, sprinkled with aromatic herbs.
Thanks to the organizations promoting Ile de Ré new potatoes and Charentes-Poitou AOC butter
Photo: Marianne Paquin / Canetti Conseil. Styling: Marianne Paquin
Hints & Tips