Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 4 + 1 minutes
The seductive flavours of Morocco mingle in this tender lamb sandwich with the spicy heat of harissa, and the sweet temptation of honey and figs.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients except the pine nuts and parsley.
- Add the lamb strips and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Stir fry the lamb in a large wok or a skillet over medium heat until just cooked through, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in the pine nuts and parsley and toss to combine.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Lightly grill the Ciabatta buns until warm and toasty.
- Spread the cut sides of each bun with some of the Spicy Mayo.
- On the bottom bun lay some of the seasoned lamb mixture and drizzle with some of the jus.
- Finish with the Fig and Goat Cheese Salad and the top bun.
Recipe created by Montrealer Jean Émond (Quebec), 2013 grand prize winner of the Canada‘s Best Sandwich Contest launched by Ace Bakery to showcase their breads.
Hints & Tips