Brunch oatmeal with caramelized peaches and brown sugar Recipe
Flavors of Canada
Total time: less than 15 minutes
You can replace peaches by mangoes. Add ham strips, raisins, etc.
To know more about The Power Of Oats and the importance of breakfast, click here.
For 4 servings
- 330 ml / 1 1/3 cup quick Quaker oats
- 4 peaches, quartered
- 185 g / 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 125 g / 1/2 cup butter
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup brandy (optional)
- In large sauté pan, melt butter and add brown sugar.
- Once melted, add peaches. Cook until soft and caramelized.
- Prepare oatmeal as per directions and top with peaches.
Optional Sunday Brunch idea
- Once peaches are caramelized, remove pan from heat source, add brandy to pan in a circular motion.
- Place pan back on heat source, ignite with a long wooden match or grill lighter.
- Shake pan back and forth for about one or two minutes, over medium high heat until flames disappear. This will allow the flavor to remain but alcohol to evaporate.
- Spoon the oatmeal in the bowls. Garnish with caramelized peaches and cooking jus. Serve immediately.
More recipe ideas
Recipe From The Kitchens of Quaker Canada
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2019. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips