Orange Almond Honey Muffins Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreheat the oven to 180° C (350° F)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
Change your everyday! For a nourishing breakfast or lunch, halve a muffin and insert a slice of ham and a slice of cheddar or Swiss cheese.
Ingredients for 8 muffins
- 315 ml (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) softened butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped toasted Almonds (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and honey until light.
- Beat in egg, orange juice concentrate and orange peel. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just blended; stir in almonds.
- Spoon into 8 greased or paper-lined 2-1/2" (7 cm) muffin cups.
- Bake at 180° C (350° F) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Honey Orange Butter
Stir together 125 ml (1/2 cup) softened butter, 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey and 1 tbsp. grated orange peel.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips