Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- In large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast walnuts, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Combine panko, walnuts and parmesan in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a small frying pan, heat butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté. Spoon out half and stir into the walnut/panko mixture.
- Add shallot, spinach and anise liqueur to frying pan and sauté on high heat until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes; remove and let cool slightly.
Assembly and cooking
- On a rimmed baking sheet, space oysters evenly. Top with 3 to 4 spinach leaves, a few drops of red pepper sauce (optional) and 2 tsp walnut/panko mixture.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges on a bed of rock salt.
About 197 cal, 8 g pro, 14 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 9 g carb, 1 g fibre, 47 mg chol, 296 mg sodium. %RDI: 12% calcium, 16% iron, 12% vit A, 8% vit C.
To learn more about California walnuts
Hints & Tips