Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: A few minutes
Pan bagnat is a kind of sandwich popular in southern France. The traditional version consists of a large roll filled with peppers, olives, onion, tomato, anchovy and hard-cooked egg with a vinaigrette dressing.
- Cut the vegetables into 5 mm (1/4") slices.
- Marinate the vegetables in the olive oil and thyme for 1 hour.
- Cook the bacon slices on both sides and the vegetables on a very hot grill.
- Cut the rolls in half and spread with the rillettes.
- Fill each roll with a slice of bacon, some grilled vegetables and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
Hints & Tips