Oven temperature: 180° C (350° F)
Cooking time: 45 minutes
A favorite recipe enjoyed at Le Moulin de l'Abbaye in Brantôme, Périgord
I prefer the breast from a duck with blood (smothered) - the meat is more flavorful and moister because the blood stays inside, so it can be cooked like red meat.
Always sear the skin side of the duck breast first so that it will be nice and crispy.
Garnish with few soufflé potatoes, chopped mint, sprigs of flat-leaf parsley.
- Cook the duck breast in very hot virgin olive oil, skin side down so that it gets very crispy.
- Cut the mango into thin strips and marinate them in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sauté the five-spice powder with the acacia honey and grated ginger;
- add the brown duck jus and let reduce by half.
- Whisk in the butter. Add some oven-roasted sesame to bring out the flavor along with some ginger alcohol.
Hints & Tips