Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 2 hours
If you prefer to use the vanilla bean, scrape out a little of the interior into the coulis. The rest can be incorporated into the panna cotta after infusing (step 1).
- In a blender, purée the kiwi flesh with the sugar.
- Place the milk and cream in a saucepan with the 50 g (1/4 cup) sugar and ground cardamom. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Soften the 2 sheets of gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
- Pour the milk/cream mixture over the softened gelatin.
- Fill glasses or ramekins with the mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unmold and serve with the green kiwi coulis and some diced gold kiwi.
Photo: Zespri kiwifruit. Recipe from Gourmetpedia.
Hints & Tips