Prep. time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 2-4 hours
If you don't have an ice cream or sorbet maker, pour the mixture into a container and put it in the freezer. Remove after an hour and whisk or stir well. Return to the freezer for an hour and then whisk again. Continue until the ice cream is frozen.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whip the whites until they form stiff peaks;
- add the sugar gradually and continue whipping for one minute.
- In a bowl, whip the cream.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they lighten in color; gently fold into the egg whites;
- using a fork, mash the kiwis to a purée;
- gently fold together the egg mixture, whipped cream, kiwi purée and lime juice until well combined; place into an ice cream maker and freeze.
Hints & Tips