Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: none
Draining time: overnight
Refrigeration time: a few hours
There are countless recipes for pashka, ranging from the simplest to the most complicated.
Authentic pashka is made with a special fresh white cheese that may be hard to find in some countries.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until light and pale.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Incorporate the fresh cheese and stir until smooth, then add the raisins and candied fruits.
- Place the mixture into a large piece of cheesecloth; tie up the corners and let drain over the sink. To drain completely, it must sit at least overnight.
- Shape into a dome or pyramid in a deep serving dish. Decorate with candied fruit and let rest for several hours before serving.
Collaboration: Petrossian. If you want to enjoy pashka without making it yourself, you can buy one at the Petrossian shop during the Easter season.
Hints & Tips