This elegant pasta supper comes together in minutes and has bright lemony flavour.
(1) In case you don’t have fresh lemons or a clove of garlic, always have a bottle of ReaLemon or ReaLemon + garlic on hand. You’ll be hooked in no time! Three tablespoons of ReaLemon equals the juice of an average lemon.
- Slice asparagus spears in half crosswise then again lengthwise (or thirds if very thick).
- Cook spaghettini in a large pot of boiling, well-salted water according to package timing.
- Add asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Measure out 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of the cooking water before draining pasta.
- Return drained pasta and asparagus to pot. Add mascarpone, ReaLemon Flavour Infusions - Garlic, and 1 cup (250 mL) reserved cooking water; tossing until pasta is well coated.
- Add Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt and pepper; tossing to combine. (Adjust consistency with additional pasta water as needed.) Serve immediately, with extra cheese at the table.
Hints & Tips