Recipe developed for the Almond Board of California by James Beard cookbook ‘dish entertains’ award winner and party dish TV host Trish Magwood
This casual around the counter dinner is not for the faint hearted but worth every calorie. An ideal pantry pasta, these are simple ingredients on hand. Add dried or fresh mushrooms or olives –whatever inspires you from your pantry.
- Melt butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Season then brown chicken until light golden and just cooked through about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add shallots to pan and sauté 1 minute. Add sundried tomatoes, red pepper and ground almonds. Deglaze pan with wine until just evaporated.
- Add cream and almond milk, bring to a boil, and stir until sauce thickens about 4 minutes. Add basil. Return chicken to the pan and simmer until just heated through.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook pasta al dente. Drain.
- Add pasta into sauce. Garnish with toasted slivered almonds. Serve immediately.
Calories: 662 kcals
Total Fat: 27g
Saturated Fat: 8.8 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 12.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.1 g
Protein: 33 g
Carbohydrates: 67 g
Fiber 5.1 g
Sodium: 469 mg
Calcium: 109 mg
Magnesium: 128 mg
Potassium: 661 mg
Vitamin E: 6.5 mg
Hints & Tips